It’s a strange world out there right now and we know that many of you will find yourselves at home with small people and nowhere to go over the next few weeks. So, to help keep all our spirits up, we’ve gathered together a whole swathe of resources to inspire your play and to keep you all busy.
- Colour up a storm with these free colouring page
- Teach your kids to read English with Reading Eggs.
- Get a fresh box of science and art projects delivered to your door every month with KiwiCo Subscription boxes
- Have animal-mad little people? The Cincinnati Zoo is hosting a Facebook Live everyday where you can spy on the critters and creatures.
- Follow Flisat Fun and Play At Home Mummy on Instagram for an endless stream of fun and educational ideas for smaller people.
- Make screen time wild with National Geographic Kids’ Youtube channel
- Five Minute Mum has got you covered with quick and easy activities for when you are cooking dinner or just need to drink your tea in peace.
- This list of fun indoor activities from The Times is handy.
- Got a toddler climbing the walls? This list from Busy Toddler is just what you need.
- Other Goose, an alternative home-schooling curriculum is free for three weeks.
- Keep everyone calm (and moving) with Cosmic Kids Yoga.
- Bring stories to life with A Novel Effect’s storytelling app.
- After something slightly more aesthetically pleasing? Mr. Printables’ are truly a thing of beauty.
- This round of up fun ideas from The Mama Notes should be bookmarked.
- Check out these magazines for slightly older kiddos with worldwide shipping at Anorak Magazine.
- Check out Teaching My Kiddos for lots of play ideas related to emotions and mental health.
- Take a virtual tour of some of the greatest museums in the world.
- Treat yourselves to some culture with free concerts streaming online from the Berlin Philharmonic orchestra.
- Join a virtual Baby Sign class here.
- Join Oliver Jeffers (creator of beautiful story books) as he reads one of his books live on Instagram every day.
We hope that this is enough to get you started, please do share any fun ideas you’ve had over on our Instagram or in the comments.